Precision Applications, LLC offers several different Precision Rifle/Sniper Courses. Some of the offerings include Basic Precision Rifle, Advanced Tactics & Techniques for Snipers, Guerrilla Sniper, and Police CounterSniper Certification.
Topics covered include (but aren't limited to):
- Selection, care and maintenance of the entire system (rifle, scope, rings, mounts, ammunition, bipod, cases, etc.). This includes a comprehensive disassembly and other Armorer's tips.
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Use of both MIL-baed and MOA-based reticles for ranging unknown distance targets
- Use of optics (including adjustments and all other functions)
- Use of data book
- Both hold-offs and dialing adjustments
- Clean Cold Bore/Cold Fouled Bore/Hot Fouled Bore
- External variables (temperature, altitude, barometric pressure, etc.)
- Calling and doping wind
- Internal, External, and Terminal Ballistics
- Lowlight techniques
- Building a hide
- Vehicle hides
- Communications between the Spotter and the Shooter/Sniper
- And more ...
Gear lists are specific to the course being offered, but at a minimum usually include:
- Rifle with optics
- Bipod or other front support
- 200 rounds per day
- Eye and ear protection
- Secondary Weapon (handgun) with holster and a minimum of 1 reload on person
- Shooting mat
- Spotting scope
Our Chief Instructor, Rob Sheppard, is a United States Marine Corps veteran and graduate of the USMC Scout/Sniper Basic Course.
After receiving his Honorable Discharge, he worked for many years in law enforcement as a SWAT Sniper and Sniper Instructor.
Training hours credits for LEO's available.
Please check our Training Calendar for upcoming Precision Rifle/Sniper Courses.